Can you remember when your schedule allowed you to spend time with friends, sit down for a meal with your family or indulge yourself in a massage? If you can’t remember, then you may be too busy. Like many people today, you may have more to do than 24 hours will allow.
The daily demands of career, family and other personal tasks can sometimes overwhelm us. Before you know it, the day is over and you still haven’t cleaned the house, picked up the dry cleaning or handled any one of the 50 other things on your to-do list.
In her article on the Huffington Post* website, Maria Lin wrote “Overextended? 13 Signs You Need a Break“. Do any of these sound familiar?
1. You spend a good amount of time worrying about your time.
2. You can’t remember the last time you were spontaneous.
3. You eat most of your meals on the go.
4. You haven’t talked to your best friend in weeks.
5. You’re sleep deprived.
6. You silently wish for cancellations.
7. You don’t have time for your indulgences.
8. You can’t recall when you last broke a sweat.
9. You chafe at being asked for a favor or commitment.
10. Your body is showing signs of rebellion.
11. You don’t deal well with unexpected changes to your schedule.
12. Your bills look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
13. Everyone tells you you’re too busy.
Now that we know the problem, what is the solution?
It is easy to say, ‘Just slow down‘ when you have so much to do in a short amount of time. But there are a few simple things you can do to free up some time in your day.
Prioritize: Not everything on your plate is urgent. Which projects or tasks can wait until a later date.
Use a Good Time Management System: You can use Getting Things Done, the Pomodoro Technique, a smart phone app or just a notepad and pen. Whatever works best to help you stay organized, keep track of your appointments, projects and important tasks.
Get Some Help: You don’t have to do everything yourself. Hiring a Personal Assistant to handle some of your projects or tasks can free up countless hours each month, leaving you free to spend time with your family or just relax!
My Personal Valet specializes in To-Do Lists. We can handle many of the projects and tasks that fill your day. Let My Personal Valet help you with your grocery shopping, finding the perfect birthday gift, party planning or ordering tickets to the new musical at the Dallas Summer Musicals.