February is National Chocolate Month and it is no coincidence that it comes in the same month as Valentine’s Day. From the ancient Mayans, who created a drink from cacao beans to the Swiss and Milton Hersey who created the wonderful candy we know today, chocolate is the sweet treat that everyone loves.
Fun Chocolate Facts
- In 1875, Henri Nestle added condensed milk to solid chocolate, creating the milk chocolate bar.
- In Switzerland, Rudolphe Lindt invented the conch, a machine that rotated and mixed chocolate to a perfectly smooth consistency.
- By 1907, Milton Hershey’s factory produced more than 33 million kisses per day.
- During World War II, American soldiers received chocolate bars as part of their rations.
Chocolate is for Lovers
Any true chocoholic will tell you that not all chocolate is created equally. No matter if you love dark chocolate or milk chocolate, it must be rich and creamy and melt in your mouth with just the right balance of chocolate goodness.
Paula at My Personal Valet has found the most fabulous places in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to help you indulge your passion for chocolate or to treat your sweetheart to something decadent.
908 Market Street
Allen, Texas 75013
Englishman, Troy Easton makes incredibly decadent chocolates.
Dude, Sweet Chocolate
408 West Eighth Street
Dallas, TX 75208
Chef Katherine Clapner creates a wonderful collection of hand-made chocolates, lovingly called “Crack in a Box” in her location in the Bishop Arts District.
Schakolad Chocolate Factory
106 E. 4th Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
Schakolad Chocolate Factory makes handcrafted chocolate truffles on the premises. Sugar free, low carb, vegan and kosher options are also available.
In addition to beautiful roses and flowers arrangements, Whole Foods Market makes incredible desserts. The hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries are to die for.
With just one call to My Personal Valet, you can make this the most special Valentine’s Day ever. We can order flowers, make dinner reservations and find the sweetest sweets for your sweetheart.
Contact Paula Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your Valentine’s Day Plans.
- What Makes “Good” Chocolate? (goodguide.com)
- Chocolate Day (getawayzzz.wordpress.com)
- 4 Fresh New Ideas to Make This Valentine’s Day Special